NEWSLETTER N°5 / 2017
International Conference “Responsible tourism and sustainable management of tourism destinations"
Kalamata (Greece), 18–19 July 2017
- Oleoturism in Catalonia » (Silvia CASSA & Veronica ENRIQUEZ, Directorate General of Tourism, Government of Catalonia – Spain);
- Destination making and marketing: linking tourism development and local communities», (Emma TAVERI, Destination Makers – Italy);
- Well-O-live Methodological Handbook» (Anja TUOHINO, Centre of Tourism Studies, Univ. of Eastern Finland) ;
- Experiences of rural tourism in Dubrovnik Neretva Region» (Gorana MARGARETIĆ, Regional Development Agency of the Dubrovnik Neretva County DUNEA – Croatia);
- The process and methodologies for the development of experiential touristic packages: a new approach of wellness tourism» (Anselmo CAPOROSSI, New Travel Agency – Bulgaria);
- European Tourism Careers: Improvement of employability and apprenticeship in tourism sector» (Tiziana CARLINO, Italian Chamber of Commerce in Lyon – France & Alessandro CARBONE, AKEP – Greece /representative of IdEATE project).
On 18 July in Kalamata took place the last project partners meeting from all partner countries: Italy, Spain, France, Croatia, Bulgaria, Finland and Greece. At the meeting were discussed all the issues and pending matters in view of the project ending and there was sharing of opinions and suggestions, while special attention was given to the methods of diffusion and exploitation of the project results. The most important topics discussed were the following:
Experiential Packages Development: Best methods and channels to conduct marketing and promotion activities of the seven Experiential Packages developed (addressed to TOs and stakeholders), Market research and SWOT Analysis, Business Plan for TOs: presentation, methodology for exploitation
Blogger Experience and promotional activities: Presentation of the Blogger Experiences outputs and results
Methodology Development: Presentation of the Methodology Handbook; best promote the output towards the relevant stakeholdersDissemination and exploitation of project results: Update the national dissemination plans, calendar of public events and key stakeholders’ database, development and maintenance of the web tools: State of the art, maintenance of the project website, discussion about the feeding of Social media (Facebook) and technical instructions for completing (and increasing) the Well-O-live Google map.
The Well-O-Live program built a network from the private and public sectors from 7 European countries (Italy, Bulgaria, Croatia, Finland, France, Greece, Spain) designed and proposed innovative management and promotional models of Thematic products of rural tourism focused on the needs of the market.
These innovative models take the form of tourist products, combining education and recreation, they suggest visitors to discover an area through another perspective. The innovation of this tourist product extends to specific objectives and activities:
Diversification of thematic tourist offers, with tourism products focused on the market needs (Wellness activities, hiking and cycling on trails, Cultural experiences, wine tastings) in relation to the olive tree and the model of the Olive Tree Routes but with applicability to other themes. You can find the Well-O-live vacation packages at http://www.wellolive.eu/vacation-packages.html
The implementation of new technologies, with implementation non-conventional innovative forms of empirical marketing (Blogger experiences) and the collaboration of international experts in tourism, video creators, etc. Have a look at the exciting videos produced by the travel bloggers at http://www.wellolive.eu/events.html
Strengthening cooperation and dialogue in a transnational level, starting a narrative process around the issue of Olive and olive oil as a common European heritage capable of enhancing competitiveness and diversification of the European tourism, offer and to support its sustainability.
To achieve these goals and to inform all of the interested parties:
- organized workshops with subject the sustainability, Marketing, communication and planning strategies; and Management of thematic rural tourism products for improving the skills of professionals in tourism
- a manual of the methodology with guidelines for sustainable use and to develop project implementation and product development on a reciprocal basis, enhancing skills and synergies between private and public sectors and local communities.
All project results and tools are available on the project website www.wellolive.euAt the end of the partners meeting there was a press conference, where the host partner « Cultural Foundation Routes of the Olive Tree » and the project partners presented the objectives and the results of the Well-O-Live project. The statements and information given were recorded by the journalists and tv channels and were broadly promoted on all the local media.
Keep following us on Facebook and on our web APP!!